Here’s a tangy, refreshing, healthy side salad to accompany a summer grill meal (for Memorial Weekend, maybe?) Combine: 1 small avocado, peeled, cored and mashed 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 1 tablespoon mayonnaise 2 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt 1-3 tablespoons … Continue reading
The simple prescription for how to become an admirable person…. Continue reading
Ingredients (per serving):
- 3 large leaves Boston Bibb lettuce
- .75 cup loosely packed non-fat cottage cheese
- 20 grams raisins, finely chopped
- 14 grams pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- a smidgeon each of salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine cottage cheese, raisins, pecans, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into three portions and plop each portion onto the center of a bibb leaf.
- Fold the sides in and roll from bottom to top to make a little packet of each.
- Pick one up with your fingers and enjoy. Try not to keep saying, “Yum. Yum.”
Do you indulge in any divinely nutritious treats?
295 calories (3 blintzes per serving): with iron; calcium; vitamin C; and fiber.
The hedonistic pursuit of pleasure does not brings us happiness; work does. Here’s why…. Continue reading
This series is an alphabetical exploration of 26 options for living well, despite everything. It answers the question–How can we live well, despite problems? Volunteer: it’s good for you! (Say the researchers and writers at Harvard Health Watch) Volunteering has mental health benefits: … Continue reading
This unique main-course salad is perfect for warm weather dining and always wows guests. Bonus: it’s nutritious! Continue reading
We humans are born naturally curious, hardwired to enjoy learning. This article explores ways we can reclaim our joyous birthright to be lifelong discoverers of knowledge and wisdom. Continue reading
To touch is to thrive!
An easy recipe to customize and make into your signature salsa! Continue reading
A helpful summary of Jane Friedman’s 5 Philosophies of social media for writers. Continue reading