Looking for a restaurant near Concord, or Harvard, Massachusetts? Traveling on I495 between Lowell and Marlborough? I highly recommend Oscar’s Burritos. Continue reading
A close reading of the “news” reveals that much of what we take for fact, is at best an entertaining opinion, often misleading, and sometimes harmful propaganda. Continue reading
It takes10 minutes to whip up a scrumptious frittata from refrigerator leftovers. Here’s how: Continue reading
A list poem in grateful praise for creation, A-Z. Continue reading
How to have more cooperation and less antagonism in life. Continue reading
I’m sharing a true story, a family mystery, in celebration of Memorial Day. At long last, we know What was in a Military file about Dad’s death, labeled “Secret/Restricted” in 1944; but we still don’t know Why it had to remain a government-guarded secret for nearly 70 years. Continue reading
Here’s a tangy, refreshing, healthy side salad to accompany a summer grill meal (for Memorial Weekend, maybe?) Combine: 1 small avocado, peeled, cored and mashed 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 1 tablespoon mayonnaise 2 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt 1-3 tablespoons … Continue reading
The simple prescription for how to become an admirable person…. Continue reading
Ingredients (per serving):
- 3 large leaves Boston Bibb lettuce
- .75 cup loosely packed non-fat cottage cheese
- 20 grams raisins, finely chopped
- 14 grams pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- a smidgeon each of salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine cottage cheese, raisins, pecans, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into three portions and plop each portion onto the center of a bibb leaf.
- Fold the sides in and roll from bottom to top to make a little packet of each.
- Pick one up with your fingers and enjoy. Try not to keep saying, “Yum. Yum.”
Do you indulge in any divinely nutritious treats?
295 calories (3 blintzes per serving): with iron; calcium; vitamin C; and fiber.
The hedonistic pursuit of pleasure does not brings us happiness; work does. Here’s why…. Continue reading