This series is an alphabetical exploration of 26 options for living well, despite everything. It answers the question–How can we live well, despite problems?
It’s difficult to be miserable about my own problems when I am able to wholeheartedly notice, connect with, be concerned about, feel compassion for, identify with, relate to…
Note to self:
- Pay loving attention to the person you’re with.
- Listen whole-heartedly.
- Don’t interrupt.
- Don’t jump to conclusions.
- Don’t rehearse what you want to say while the other person is talking.
- Stop thinking about a million other things.
- Just relate to the one you’re with…
… because the past is gone, the future is uncertain, and now is the moment we are called to love someone.
It doesn’t take enormous wealth to be able to give someone an invaluable gift.
I merely need to acknowledge another’s importance, by giving my undivided attention.
What are you going to do today, to foster feelings of connection, kindness and compassion?