Welcome! I’m Tracy Lee Karner…
- I read,
- I write,
- I work to give voice to those who live on the fringes of mainstream culture,
- and I explore various views of our world and its place in the universe, as represented in words (literature) across time and place.
My list of impressive credentials:
By circumstance and, in my case, also by choice, I live my quiet life mostly outside the boundaries of American mainstream cultural values.
This blog records my Joy Quest:
- Joy is a literary “movement,” in the way “Confessional” was a literary movement applied to the works of poets Robert Lowell, Anne Sexton, Sylvia Plath and W.D. Snodgrass.
- Shirley Showalter, with her work on Jubilación (reconceptualizing retirement as joy), is the first influencer in this movement.
- Okay, I made up the idea of Joy as a literary movement in order to give Shirley the credit she deserves for inspiring me and helping me to articulate what I’m about.
The core assumption behind the words and articles I gather together
will favor my personal conception and experience of existence, which is:
- The universe is comprised of both material/visible and supernatural/invisible realities.
- I intend to explore both the “seen and unseen” through fiction, memoir, essay and poetry.
- I believe the acceptance of all reality adds richness and meaning to our lives, supplying necessary wisdom for us to become as beautifully loving–as exquisitely wonderful–as each of us was made to be.
Again, welcome! Your presence here honors me. Let’s connect–I respond to comments.